Terms & Conditions
TRAINING AGREEMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Payment must be made in full prior to the start date of the program.
2. After the start date, payment for this program is non-refundable regardless of if the student attend a class or not.
3. Iowa City Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu will provide the student with the best fitting uniform that we have in stock. If we do not have the appropriate size in stock we will order it for the student.
4. The uniform color will be white.
5. Iowa City Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu LLC and/or Close Range Tactics LLC, reserve the right to cancel this contract at any time and for any reason.
6. Academy administrators may make any modifications in the class schedule as deemed necessary.
7. It is assumed that student will attend classes. However, not attending classes does not imply notification to cancel program.
8. Students who drop out of the program or otherwise stop attending are not obligated to a refund of any kind.
9. This program is six (6) calendar weeks long.
10. Academy administrators may close the school on national holidays, for the purpose of special events, maintenance, etc., without affecting the program cost or requiring a refund of program cost.
11. Academy administrators and those acting under its authority reserve the right to use photographs, videotapes, artwork or other likenesses of the student for marketing, trade, publishing or any other lawful purpose.
12. There is no video recording allowed inside the academy without express permission from the school administrators.
13. Full payment of tuition fees does not guarantee Belt certification by Academy administrators.
14. Membership is non-cancelable and non-transferable except as stated herein.
Student's failure to attend scheduled lessons relieves the obligation of the school to provide lessons after the program end date.
15. After the program end date, ICBJJ is relieved of the obligation to provide lessons to the student.
16. Undersigned authorizes the use of a disclosed e-mail address for billing purposes and acknowledges that e-mail text may include financial information pertaining to the membership.
17. The Academy administrators reserve the right to terminate the student’s membership and void this agreement if the student is determined to be a risk to the safety of themselves or others, if their behavior is disruptive to the course of normal operations at the Academy or if they or their guests fail to follow the ICBJJ Code of Conduct.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
Each Participant/Student has previously completed a Waiver of Liability Agreement prior to their first lesson and which is still in effect during their program attendance and/or Membership. Furthermore:
(1) Student represents that (s)he is in good physical condition, is not suffering from any heart, lung or other bodily ailment and is in all respects physically fit to engage in the martial arts course.
(2) Student has been advised that strict observance of the rules and regulations relative to martial arts self-defense training is mandated and includes the use of protective equipment. The school does not warrant that the protective equipment will completely eliminate the possibility of accident or injury but will substantially reduce the risk of accident or injury.
(3) Physical contact will be used by employees of the school, other students and authorized individuals, as part of the course of instruction. Student has been advised of such fact and gives full consent to any physical contact as may be required or customary to martial arts training.
(4) In recognition of the possibility of accident or injury connected with martial arts training, student waives any right or cause of action of any kind arising as the result of such activity from which any liability may or could accrue to the school, its officers, agents, employees, or instructors.
You must read the terms of service in order to check out.